Share |

8.10.2009

Musical Memories

Red Hot Chili Peppers take me to a number of great memories having to do with one of my dearest friends. In general, familiar songs usually have some significance to me. Each time, I am amazed at the powerful emotions roused by a few songs.
Different types of music can serve various purposes in one's life besides stirring up memories. Rock music can be used to get energized prior to a meeting or a presentation. It can also help soothe anger. Dance music definitely works for energy but more on the aerobic and happy side of things. Classical helps with relaxation and clarity. I have yet to understand the beauty of classical music but I see progress there! I think I would rather learn to play the classics on piano first. I hope after that, the understanding will surely follow.

No comments: